Friday, December 5, 2008

Parents are the best teachers!!

In the rapidly developing scenario, the family values play an important role in moulding a person's character. Of all the relatives, the parents play the pivotal role. They are the best teachers. Every child is born good. His future depends on the teachings of his parents. I couldn't find more apt saying than "Charity begins at home" that fits the bill.

For almost everyone, their father is their first hero. He is 'the' inspirational hero. Naturally a child will try to emulate his most watched father. Most of the times, don't we guess whose child he is from his mannerism? I mention it to stress the impact the father has on the child.

In the Indian society, which is unfortunately male chauvinistic, a child sees his active father in the public. Often I have seen parents commanding their wards to say 'Good morning/evening' or 'thank you' or 'sorry'. This amuses me more than anything because I have never seen them saying those pleasing words on the first place. I greet people, say the invaluable "please" or "Thank you" involuntarily, thanks to my parents' practice. A child observes his father's actions and follows them involuntarily. I have developed my gentleness while talking to girls because of my father. I call my friends as "Boss"(copying from my father:P). I can't even think about smoking or drinking as I fear that I might feel small before the eyes of my parents. Thats the real impact a good parents have! They impart character in the tender heart of children.



The role of mother is more important than than anyone else. The attitude towards women is based mostly on the characters of the mother. Because she is the first woman we depend on and open up to. She imparts love, patience, character, self-respect, dignity and god-belief. Many might leave the children on their way during very young age forgetting the fact that its only then they can be moulded. If certain points are neglected at the young age, then the battle is already lost. I mean it. I have seen many instances.



We know the value for money only from our parents. I am known for my "stingy" attitude when it comes to money. I don't regret it. I still believe we don't have any right to spend our parents' hard-earned money recklessly. I know the value of each paisa, thanks to my parents' teachings. They give me any amount of cash I ask them without even questioning. This act may sound stupid and can even mislead the energy of youth. But only this sheer belief prevents me from spending lavishly. The point is not regarding the money but the attitude in spending the money. My mother has always told me not to develop an attitude that money can bring you anything and everything. You need the society and people behind our luxury. She has told me the pain of the farmer, the work put on by the vendors and the graciousness of God behind the food we eat. Nobody can teach this other than your parents.



I am lucky to be bestowed upon with lovely parents. Many times I have thought whether I can bring up my children like the way my parents have brought me up. They are my inspiration. They are my life!!Love our parents:)

No comments: