Saturday, December 13, 2008

How every morning breaks in my college?

"Good morning" is the contradiction of terms for many late-risers. Isn't it? People wake you up when you are in the climax of a 'hot' and happening 'masala' dream (lemme end it here..better:P) and wish you knowing that you are irritated. In city life, its more obvious na?

I remember my amma asking me to pray and see my palms as the first sight in the morning. Nowadays I use palms for muffling vehicle horns outside. I cant blame it as I ll also be a part of that soon.

I have read in my Tamil classes that kings wake up to good music every morning. Well, My cellphone wakes me in college!! I ensure that the ring volume is maximum so that even if I fail to get up(to know my sleeping talents, refer my previous post), my room-mates wake up!!Symbiosis;) However I am still in pursuit of the guy who added the "SNOOZE" option in it!! That foils all my plans:( Hoping a tension-free morning everytime I go to sleep the previous night, I get a real time jerk after seeing the time when I get up. Its enough to give you a heart-attack if U have class at 8.30 am.

Any person will try his best to get ready in time. But college is there to break the rules. Isn't it? Knowing that I am running short of time, I scan newspaper as if hot news ll become cold if left unattended. Well, habits die hard. Then the great confusion!!Whether to take bath or not?? Billion-dollar question..In fact v r trained for emergency situation right from the hostel I should say. If U take bath, then U ll be late to the class because I am yet to break my fast. But then every morning gives me a spark while taking bath only(Aristotle style) on "How to escape when the prof asks the reason for being late!!" However I prefer to go to class late rather than sitting awkwardly in class without taking bath. This explains my late-comings to class often.

However only thing I cant understand is this fact: How is that whenever I am on time to class, the lecturer comes late and my bad luck should say that when I am five minutes late, the prof is bang on time!! But again one consolation and the motivating factor, U can always resume your sleep in the class.

Though I dont advocate such a bad regular every morning, I enjoy this as I know its only possible during college days. Then Y waste the days??However I enjoy every morning and thank God for the eventful morning sessions because they show that I am alive!!Well that itself is a mystery right? Freeah vidu freeay vidu..Valkaiku illa Guarentee!!

3 comments:

Ramakrishnan said...

beautiful da........i enjoyed it. gr8 narration about morning and linked it with ur coll..............gr8 da.........keep it rolling dude

Yash said...

Hey, college is the only time you'll get to do this and get away with it. I am not proud of it, but I go to class without a shower almost every other day. (I can say I just don't get that dirty here in oakville ;) Canada.)

And if you don't mind me asking, what do you mean 'my.. ' oh wait, I just figured it out. nevermind. :)

Kamini Santhanagopalan said...

Good one :) I enjoyed this post!