Thursday, January 8, 2009

Entering into Sixth semester with lots of doubts!

Hi ppl, the long wait is over. The college is back in action and so is its jolly time. The funny times return but with loads of doubt. Every even semester starts off well as its very easy to begin the conversation with "Happy new year" (though v know that 2009 is not gonna be blaring different) and it is always followed by a routine question "How did the holidays go?" (though v r least bothered about the reply). And this semester is no different here but now another question is present at the back of the mind "Recession".

Every semester I set myself some goals and aspire something special. This semester is no different in that sense but I am gonna take it more seriously now as lots are at stake. This semester is the climax and I strongly feel the most strenuous and ardous semester in B.Tech. I say this because only now U take more attention at the basics for the placements, prepare for higher studies and GRE while trying to maintain good score at the academics as well. I didnt add the culturals part here because I am no way related to that. I find myself atavistic in my attitude towards culturals in my department. Having had a shocker of a semster last time, I have lots to prove to myself that I belong to the so-called 'toppers'.

However high u aim or aspire, U r remembered for what U HAVE ACHIEVED IN REAL WORLD! Isn't it? Many people in our college are rated by their placements rather than their GPA. Infact v take unreasonable pleasure when person with higher GPA is not placed. In the past, ppl talk abt choosing companies but now beseeching companies to come for placements is gonna be a hell of a job with the 'bearish' recession in the mind.

Though its unwise to speculate things and brood over matters which are well beyond one's control, the doubts still linger on and show their ugly heads time and again. SO the GAME BEGINS!!

4 comments:

Ken said...

Well .. what was your gpa last sem ?

vicky said...

hmmm..8.45

Kamini Santhanagopalan said...

Don't worry, "recession" is the talk of the town everywhere! This too shall pass, and we would emerge lot more stronger. God save us! :)

vicky said...

@kamini:hope against hope hopen!!