Sunday, January 4, 2009

2008- eventful year!!

Hi ppl, Happy New Year!! I am wishing everyone a happy and healthy 2009!! After all health is what everyone needs. 2008 has been an eventful and kind year to me. It stands out with several bright moments and teaching me lots of lessons.

I am sure 2008 would have started with many false resolutions for me too (I am sure I am not alone here!!I might have company here). Diving deep into my memory, I recollect many of the sweet moments and some bitter pills swallowed! I had a nice time with Swaminathan (my dept mate) with whom I underwent implant training at my hometown. With my very close friend Venki joining us in the winter break after III semester, we enjoyed our heart out playing cricket with my school friends. Relieved after scoring a decent grade in a terrorizing subject in third semester and wonderful time spent with my friends still fresh im my mind, I stepped into 2008 with lots of dream. Most of the fourth semester passed away under the redoubtable faculties terrorizing me in all possible ways. I still remember their first class warning us of their record of 'gift'ing arrears to most of the students and that was enough to let butterflies flutter in our stomachs. Somehow I managed to pass their subjects. I tried my hand in robotics for PSG Techfest 'Kriya' during IV semester which was a big flop. I learnt a lesson that never assume anything. Prepare for the worst but hope for the best! However I managed to take part in a DSP workshop and advanced to the final round in many technical events. It helped me to know where I stand. But I missed my department symposium PROBE. More than that the most important feature I missed is the rare sight of my department girls in saree:P Later part of IV semester was full of doubts and tested my decision-making capacity. The best thing is to keep things simple but its the toughest thing! Feeling that I have taken the right decision on the summer project, I welcomed my summer vacation.

With the project still not confirmed, I wanted a company which would sweep me off any worries regarding that! I found that perfect company with my lovely cousin Dinesh. I have always a special corner in my heart for my lovely, affable and good-humoured Dinesh. We enjoy each other's company and I laugh for even the worst PJs leaving many wonder why I laugh so much. But thats my relation with him. 2008 remains fresh in my memory for the evergreen trip to Munnar with my family. The first part of my vacation is the best of all time for the lovely time with my school friends playing cricket and Munnar trip. At the end of this trip, I made the important move to Singapore to do my project at NUS. This project would have been impossible but for my Chitappa Ramakrishnan who takes great pain and interest in my studies ( though with lots of scoldings which pisses me off sometimes). With no experience and no background I can only dream of this opportunity and Prof. Anantharaman helped me a lot to get this project. I felt very bad to do a project on recommendation but the ultimate goal pulled me in. I had a great time in Singapore in my Chitappa's home under my lovable and kind-hearted Chitti who impresses everyone with her unbounded kindness and hospitality. She is amazing and unparalleled in showering love and affection. I respect her right next to my parents. I did a project on a topic which was too difficult for a B.Tech student to start with but I was committed to it. I finished the work with the help of my friend Swami who stayed with me there. My cousins toured Singapore that time and I had a great time with them as well though by bunking three days. Because of that I had to work more towards the end to cope with Swami. It was during this trip, I first earned money on my own by volunteering for an experiment. Though I turned into a guinea pig for just $5, it was nice to see the money earned by my work only. 2008 is special in that manner.

Having said that, I troubled my chitappa a lot during my stay there. To point out a few, I lost my cousin's sim card and disobeyed his orders while picking up my cousins from airport (tried to save precious bucks for my cousins) by keeping my chiti to wait after a long journey. Though I felt sorry for my actions, I had a sort of misunderstanding with my chitappa then. Its very easy to feel sorry for all the doings but its tough to set things up. I have always felt bad for that and then learnt a lesson of doing every work on my own and not to depend on anyone.

V semester marked the sports trip to Kanpur representing my college cricket team. In otherwise a forgettable semester for having too many theoretical subjects much to my disliking, I remember this year for a remarkable and note-worthy Diwali celebrations at Bangalore with my uncle and aunt there. I had a great time there and happy that I opened up a lot then. Arti, my cousin, is too brilliant for her age and am sure that she ll do wonders in her life. I had a lovely time in pulling her legs. All credits must go to my raju mama and Bhooma manni for presenting us a never-so-different Diwali! They made a deep impression in my heart and I felt more close to them. But the semester ended on a disastrous note with an exam with questions too theoretical and I knew its gonna be a forgettable one at that instant. With my winter break moving in a reckless pace, I feel invigorated to face more challenges in 2009.

3 comments:

Ramakrishnan said...

dai yenna solla......Found a good way to say sorry to someone for some incident.....nee romba nallavan da :)

ur post was cool as usual....

Kamini Santhanagopalan said...

you are very lucky to have such chitappa and chiti..Not everyone gets this kind of an opportunity..good luck in all your future endeavors da :)

vicky said...

@dinesh: tanq
@kamini: well said..i am so lucky